Elegant Image De-Stress Body Massage Basics
Our aim is to provide you with a massage that utilises the natural instinct of humans to rub or cuddle each other to relieve stress and tension in our muscles and leave us oozing with a sense of wellbeing. We achieve this by delivering the recognised general benefits of massage (See below).
We provide 2 De-stress body massages, they are:
- 60 Minute De-stress - This is one of our most popular 60 minute whole-body treatments, it utilises the aromatherapeutic effects of essential oils that are massaged into your skin with light to medium pressure to soothes your body and mind and transport you into a tranquil state of total relaxation.
- 90 Minute De-stress - In response to client requests, we extend the 60 Minute De-Stress by 30 minutes.
So that you fully enjoy your massage experience we request:
You avoid large meals or the consumption of alcohol just prior to the massage and it is also a good idea to drink plenty of water, which will help your body to flush the toxins out of your body.
Give yourself plenty of time either side of the massage, so that you don't feel rushed.
Go to the toilet before your massage. You will not relax if you feel you need to pee in the middle and don't know whether or not to say so!
You should always let us know in advance if you:
are, or think you might be, pregnant
have any medical conditions or are receiving any treatment or medication
have recently had an injury or operation
are allergic to anything, particularly skin allergies or
have any broken skin or sores on your scalp
as these may affect the kind of oil and treatment you receive.
The benefits of Massage
The benefits of one massage can last days, but you need to give it a chance to do that. Try not to plan any hectic activity immediately afterwards. Listen to your body! It can seem surreal and is probably pointless, for example, to go straight back to work if you are feeling so relaxed you can hardly speak!
- provide a high level of relaxation
- improve your circulation, so your organs and skin get more oxygen
- moves fluid through your lymphatic system encouraging your body to digest its food, get rid of its toxins,
- allow you to sleep better,
- help us to unknot muscles, soothe aches and sprains, and encourage the skin to heal minor abrasions.
- reduce muscle tension
- reduction of stress hormones
- increased joint mobility and flexibility
- improved skin tone
- improve stress recovery
- provide heightened mental alertness
- reduce anxiety and depression.