______________________________ ____________________________ __________________________ COVID-19 Business Controls
The COVID-19 business restrictions placed on Day Spa and Beauty Salon operations in the ACT have been relaxed and Elegant Image will resume providing full services on Saturday May 30 2020.
Please be aware that the ACT Government now requires a range of COVID-19 protection measures be implemented in all Day Spas and Beauty Salons, there are far too many to list here but the items that effect clients include:
As our reception area limits us to 3 people at a time, we ask that clients only self attend sessions and if this is not possible; please call us and we can discuss alternatives.
Wherever possible Elegant Image must try to ensure 4 square metres of space per person and clients are kept 1.5 metres apart, within the clinic area including the reception area; the treatment rooms; the sauna/shower room; and the spray tan room.
We must maintain the time and date of each treatment session along with the contact details of all people being treated. All new clients must complete the Elegant Image Health Questionnaire and existing clients and existing client contact details must be re-affirmed or updated.
The information we will collect include:
- Full Name
- Telephone Numbers
- email address
- Travel destination over the last 14 days
- If you have come into contact with anyone suspected of having Corona Virus or exhibiting symptoms in the past 14 day
- If you have a fever
- If you have a dry cough
- Are you unusually tired
- Your temperature
Please do not book or attend if you have come into contact with anyone suspected of having Corona Virus or exhibiting symptoms in the past 14 days.
At this time there are no restrictions of the services we can provide.
To ensure that cross-infection of COVID-19 between clients and staff, Elegant Image have implemented strict safety protocols and policies. Please be aware that:
- Therapists will wear face masks and gloves at all times during treatment
- All surfaces touched by clients will be sprayed with hospital-grade sanitiser and treatment rooms will be thoroughly cleaned between each use
- Staff who are unwell are instructed; not go to work, and.if staff develop symptoms at work such as fever, cough, sore throat or shortness of breath they will be instructed to seek medical advice.
- Employees who have been isolated after having tested positive for COVID-19 can only return to work when they have fully recovered and have met the ACT Government criteria for clearance from isolation.
Unfortunately, these additional controls do add substantial time and costs and Elegant Image is working through these issues. At this time, to maintain current menu pricing we have opted to:
- Where the quality of the service is not affected, we will marginally reduce treatment times to allow for required COVID-19 cleaning.
- Book treatments where we can maximise the utility of resources, this may mean that clients may not enjoy the same booking options.
- Booked time will be strictly observed i.e. when a client arrives late we will re-adjust the treatment to fit the whatever time is left available. Please note, the client will be charged for the full service.
No Shows are a serious problem for the Beauty Therapy industry, not only does this practice deprive the business of revenue for that the time booked, in many cases, expensive consumable products are also wasted. Excepting for on-line clients and Gift Voucher processing, Elegant Image has absorbed this lost revenue. The new COVID-19 operational costs increase demand change and we are currently investigating service deposit or pre-payment options.